On this page, you’ll find ways that you, as a Hartford resident can have your voice heard.
Every (2nd) second and (4th) fourth Monday of every month, Hartford City Council has a meeting where you, as a resident of Hartford can share your concerns regarding any items on the agenda for that meeting.
HOW DO I VOICE MY CONCERNS DURING THE MEETING?
To share your concerns, or in other words – give testimony, follow these instructions below:
- OBTAIN THE COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
- Email Sixto Lazu (firstname.lastname@example.org), of the Town Clerk’s Office, to receive the council agenda
- You can speak to any issue on the agenda and/or any issue that is of concern to you in Hartford that you want council to work on
- Let Sixto know that you want to be added to the Council Agenda distribution list to stay up to date
- EMAIL DAVID.GRANT@HARTFORD.GOV
- Your Name
- Your Address
- What you are testifying (be sure to specify if you are in favor of or against an item)
- EMAIL ALL OF COUNCIL + COUNCIL AIDES A WRITTEN TESTIMONY
- Emailing a written version of your testimony to council and their aides, ensures that your message and stance has written proof.
- In addition, if there is ever a case where you are unable to attend the council meeting, your stance and voice is still received by council.
Emails for Hartford City Council members and their aides are listed below
STAY UP TO DATE
To keep up with all council meetings, committee meetings and any other events being done by city council, check out our upcoming events page here.